- All nominees will be considered for an Australian Fitness Award.
- Self nominations are accepted.
- Absolutely NO weight is given to the number of times a person nominates.
- At the national level, a person cannot receive a second award in the same award category but can be considered for recognition in a separate category in following years, for example Fitness Student of the Year and then Personal Trainer of the Year.
- Unsuccessful nominees may be re-nominated in subsequent years.
- Current members of the Fitness Australia Board are not eligible.
- Awards will not be granted posthumously.
- Finalists will also be considered for the National Award at the Australian Fitness Awards.
GENERAL MANDATORY CRITERIA
- Nominees must be Australian citizens and reside in Australia.
- Nominees must be at least 17 years of age on 1 January of the Awards year.
INDIVIDUAL AWARDS JUDGING CRITERIA
Entrants in all individual categories will be judged against a range of criteria including:
- Education & Experience: Upskilling, keeping up to date through professional development, training and education.
- Professionalism: Online presence, marketing, professionalism, confidence and values.
- Standards & Safety: Health and safety, client forms and paperwork, pre-screening.
- People: Allied health referrals, working with other professionals, interaction with the wider exercise community.
- Delivery, Knowledge & Skills: Exercise technique and selection. Client health management.
- Hold a current fitness qualification, first aid and CPR certificate.
- Have been operating in the fitness industry in Australia for at least 12 months as at 1 July 2017.
- The Student Award is open to all individuals currently studying a recognised fitness qualification (Certificate III, IV or Diploma in Fitness) with a Registered Training Organisation, or completed a Human Movement/Exercise Science Degree with a University between 1 July 2017 and 30 June 2018.
See full Terms & Conditions for Individual Awards.
BUSINESS AWARDS JUDGING CRITERIA
Entrants in all business categories will be judged against a range of criteria including:
- Professionalism - Service delivery is professional, effective and appropriate to the client’s needs.
- Customer Care - The customer is at the centre of the business and is always treated with care and respect.
- Safety - Programs & services are delivered safely through a comprehensive risk management approach. Facilities & equipment are of a high standard.
- People - The workforce is capable of delivering and supporting the services being offered.
- Information & Knowledge - Data and information are used effectively.
- Leadership – The business is capable of delivering and supporting the services being offered.
See full Terms & Conditions for Business Awards.
COMMUNITY AWARD JUDGING CRITERIA
Entrants in all specialist categories will be judged against a range of criteria including:
- Education & Experience: Qualifications and training and development of a team.
- Engagement: Interaction & participation with the community.
- Professionalism: Online presence, marketing, professionalism, program outcomes.
- Standards & Safety: Health and safety, client forms and paperwork.
- Technical: Program design and set up a referral strategy.
See full Terms & Conditions for Community Awards.